Assistant Headteacher - Inclusion Manager
Leadership scale point 1 - 5 £42,195 - £46,566
We are looking for a dynamic Inclusion Manager to lead on Inclusion across our large school. This wide-ranging role includes being responsible for excellent SEND provision, being one of three Safeguarding Leads and holding the role of Designated Teacher for Looked After Children. The role is full time, non class-based to start from September 2021. There may be an option of reducing hours to 0.8 FTE for an exceptional candidate (all mornings and three afternoons per week).
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of successful leadership
- Be an outstanding practitioner with qualified teacher status
- Be committed to inclusion and striving for excellent outcomes for every child
- Have the expertise, vision and determination to ensure that every child achieves their potential
- Have knowledge and experience of teaching in the primary phase, including whole class teaching
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful, self-motivated and resilient
- Have a proven track record of successfully planning, implementing and monitoring strategies to address a wide range of needs in a school setting
- Have an understanding of the external support available to pupils with SEND
- Have recent safeguarding experience and be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children
- Have, or be willing to undertake, the mandatory national award for SEN coordination
- Have an inclusive approach to supporting high standards of behaviour and wellbeing
- Have excellent interpersonal skills; working well as a team and building positive relationships with parents and other stakeholders
We can offer you:
- Well-behaved children who are fun to teach
- A well-embedded approach to emotional wellbeing
- A well-resourced, continually improving school environment
- A friendly and committed staff team with high expectations
- A supportive Head Teacher and Deputy, with experience of leading SEND
- An active governing body with supportive SEND governor
Visits to our school, to have an informal chat with our Headteacher, are strongly encouraged and can be booked by contacting Sue Cherry on 01424 842297 ext 202.
Application packs can be downloaded from below.
Closing date is 8am Tuesday 20th April
Interviews are to be held Wednesday 28th April
Please submit completed applications to Sue Cherry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE, WE CANNOT ACCEPT CVs
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.